Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fried Rice with a Fried Egg and Cilantro

Finals are over and I'm back home with the fam in Topanga so here come a lot of posts!!!

I wanted to use use the week old white rice that was in the fridge so I decided to make quick fried rice for breakfast! For some reason I've never really liked the egg mixed in with the rice so I fried it separately and put it on top instead! turned out really well - here's what I did... It ended up sort of indian style....

cooked some shallot, ginger and chillies (could have added garlic) in butter and sesame oil, then I put in some turmeric, coriander, cumin aaaand chili powder I think but I can't remember exactly. I added the rice, mixed it up and flattened it out so the bottom could get a little crispy. Did that a few times, then fried a couple of eggs and chopped some fresh cilantro! It was super delish and the cilantro really made the whole dish.





Making split pea soup with cornbread tonight so I'll be posting pics of that soon!

No comments: