Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Roasted Branzino with Fingerling Potatoes, Chimichurri and Bread Crumbs + Cucumber and Radish Salad

I've been cooking a lot lately but haven't really felt like posting about anything until right now. Last night I made a reaaalllyyy delicious meal which I then turned into the best breakfast ever this morning (I'll be posting about that next).

First, I cut the potatoes into even pieces and coated them in salt, pepper and olive oil before roasting them at 400 degrees. Next, I prepared the stuffing for the fish. I sliced up a shallot, a bulb of fennel, some parsley stems and a meyer lemon and seasoned them in a bowl with salt and olive oil. I then seasoned the fish and filled each cavity with a handful of the fennel mixture. The fish were roasted at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes.

For the Chimichurri, I combined parsley, mint, tarragon and chives with a clove of garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and sherry vinegar in a blender.

For the salad, I sliced some radishes and cucumber and then at the last minute tossed them with a little wild arugula, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Finally, at the last minute, I toasted up some homemade sour dough bread crumbs in a little butter and olive oil with salt and some chili flakes.








No comments: