Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Deborah Madison's Pasta with Chickpeas and Parsley

My mom has been making this dish forever and it's always been one of my favorites. It takes less than 20 minutes to prepare so it's always a great fall-back meal for a busy night.

First, chop an onion and sautée it in about 1/4 cup of olive oil for 2 minutes. Add in 2-3 minced garlic cloves and however many chili flakes you'd like, cook on medium-high heat until the edges are golden. In the meantime boil water and cook pasta (I usually use orecchiette). Chop 1/4-1/2 cup of parsley (Deborah Madison also calls for sage, but I didn't have any). I also use thyme when I have it on hand. Rinse a 14oz can of chickpeas and fry them up with the onions at the last minute. Mix everything together, add some reserved pasta water if need be, and top with parmesan!





No comments: