Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fish Tacos + Apricot Bread Pudding

I feel bad for not having updated my sad little blog very much this summer. Being a full time blogger is tough work, let me tell you and I haven't really felt like posting stuff lately. I've been working super hard and when I finally get to spend a night at home and cook a meal, the last thing I usually feel like doing is taking pictures of every step, ugh! Anyways, I've been feeling kinda guilty for not updating the blog in a while, so here it goes!

This is super old from the 4th of July. My dad decided to invite over about a million people without my permission, but we actually ended up with the perfect amount of food!

I didn't follow a recipe for the bread pudding so I basically just combined some milk, cream, eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla orange zest and lemon zest in a bowl and then poured it on top of the cubed bread. In a separate pot, I briefly cooked up some sliced apricots in a little bit of water, butter and maple syrup and then folded them into the bread and custard. I baked it at 350 degrees until it was puffy and golden brown on top!





As for the fish tacos, I decided to make a ton of condiments to go with them. I picked up some wild snapper at the fish market the day before and my dad was in charge of cooking it. He marinated the fish in garlic, chili powder and olive oil.

I made a little coleslaw salad for the tacos. First, I let the sliced cabbage sit with some salt in a colander to drain some of the excess liquid out.




Oh, and we also made tons of corn!!


My coleslaw with a tangy vinaigrette made from sour cream, red wine vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil.


A delicious Pacifico beer with lime.


I made some picked onion and jalepeno with equal parts of heated up white vinegar and water, along with a lil' salt.


My sister, the underaged mixologist, made us fancy rhubarb, lime and gin cocktails.


Guacamole, salsa, coleslaw, cilantro, pickled onions and jalepenos.


The fish!



Party time:

My dog Shuggie eying my tortilla.

No comments: