Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cookie Mania

It was my friend's birthday this week so I made her a batch of her favorite cookies - macaroons (not the french kind!!!). They turned out great, and although I was unsatisfied with the only kind of dried coconut I could find (It was more crushed than the longer pieces of coconut that I find to really make the texture of macaroons), they were still surprisingly delicious. After I made these, I got an urge to make banana oatmeal cookies... I sort of had to make up the recipe so I used a basic recipe for something else and then played around with what I thought might work. Even though the turned out more like muffin tops than cookies, they were unbelievable! I will definitely make these again as muffins or something like that!

Here's how to make 'em:

Ingredients

-1 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 egg
-2 bananas mushed up
-3/4 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4-1/2 teaspoon
-same of cinnamon
-1 cup unsweetened coconut
-1 1/2-2 cups rolled oats (I forgot how much it was)
-vanilla

Cream the butter and sugar and salt and honey in a a bowl. Mix in the egg, mashed bananas and vanilla. The add in the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon. Combine all that up, the add in the oats and coconut. Bake in a 350 degree oven. I can't remember how long they were in for, so check them after about 15-20 minutes!








No comments: