Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie

First, I sauteed leeks in olive oil. Then added a tiny bit of dried rosemary, some chili flakes, roughly chopped carrots, celery, turnips, parsley and garlic (you could use ANY combination of vegetables). After about 5 minutes (when the edges of the vegetables started to caramelize) I added in about half a cup of red wine, cooked that off, and then half a can of tomatoes. In the meantime, I cooked about half a cup each of puy and green lentils in some water. When the lentils were ready, I added them to the rest of the vegetables along with some chickpeas, then topped the whole thing off with buttery mashed potatoes I popped the whole thing in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. I would have let the top get a little darker but something dripped onto the bottom of the oven and it started to burn! Still tasted super delicious. The chickpeas totally made the whole dish. Next time I might add in some kale.




No comments: